Staff / Student / Learner Acceptable Use of ICT Agreement
DA Training and Consultancy Policy
Digital technologies have become integral to the lives of our learners, within work and outside of work. These technologies are powerful tools, which open up new opportunities for everyone. These technologies can stimulate discussion, promote creativity and stimulate awareness of context to promote effective learning. Learners should always have an entitlement to safe internet access when completing a qualification with us.
This Acceptable Use Agreement is intended to ensure:
• that learners will be responsible users and stay safe while using the internet and other digital technologies for the purpose of their studies with DA Training and Consultancy.
• that company systems and users are protected from accidental or deliberate misuse that could put the security of the systems and will have good access to digital technologies to enhance their learning and will, in return, expect the learners to agree to be responsible users.
Acceptable Use Policy Agreement
I understand that I must use systems provided by DA Training and Consultancy in a responsible way, to ensure that there is no risk to my safety or to the safety and security of the systems and other users.
For my own personal safety:
• I understand that DA Training and Consultancy will monitor my use of the systems, devices and digital communications.
• I will keep my username and password safe and secure – I will not share it, nor will I try to use any other person’s username and password. I understand that I should not write down or store a password where it is possible that someone may steal it.
• I will be aware of “stranger danger”, when I am communicating on-line.
• I will not disclose or share personal information about myself or others when on-line (this could include names, addresses, email addresses, telephone numbers, age, gender, educational details, financial details etc )
• If I arrange to meet people off-line that I have communicated with on-line, I will do so in a public place and take an adult with me.
• I will immediately report any unpleasant or inappropriate material or messages or anything that makes me feel uncomfortable when I see it on-line.
I understand that everyone has equal rights to use technology as a resource and:
• I understand that DA Training and Consultancy systems and devices are primarily intended for educational use and that I will not use them for personal or recreational use unless I have permission.
• I will not try (unless I have permission) to make large downloads or uploads that might take up internet capacity and prevent other users from being able to carry out their work.
• I will not use the company systems or devices for on-line gaming, on-line gambling, internet shopping, file sharing, or video broadcasting (e.g. YouTube), unless I have permission of a member of staff to do so.
I will act as I expect others to act toward me:
• I will respect others’ work and property and will not access, copy, remove or otherwise alter any other user’s files, without the owner’s knowledge and permission.
• I will be polite and responsible when I communicate with others, I will not use strong, aggressive or inappropriate language and I appreciate that others may have different opinions.
• I will not take or distribute images of anyone without their permission.
I recognise that DA Training and Consultancy has a responsibility to maintain the security and integrity of the technology it offers me and to ensure the smooth running of the company:
• I will only use my own personal devices (mobile phones / USB devices etc) in lessons if I have permission. I understand that, if I do use my own devices in the lesson, I will follow the rules set out in this agreement, in the same way as if I was using company equipment.
• I understand the risks and will not try to upload, download or access any materials which are illegal or inappropriate or may cause harm or distress to others, nor will I try to use any programmes or software that might allow me to bypass the filtering / security systems in place to prevent access to such materials.
• I will immediately report any damage or faults involving equipment or software, however this may have happened.
• I will not open any hyperlinks in emails or any attachments to emails, unless I know and trust the person / organisation who sent the email, or if I have any concerns about the validity of the email (due to the risk of the attachment containing viruses or other harmful programmes)
• I will not install or attempt to install or store programmes of any type on any school device, nor will I try to alter computer settings.
• I will only use social media sites with permission and at the times that are allowed
When using the internet for research or recreation, I recognise that:
• I should ensure that I have permission to use the original work of others in my own work
• Where work is protected by copyright, I will not try to download copies (including music and videos)
• When I am using the internet to find information, I should take care to check that the information that I access is accurate, as I understand that the work of others may not be truthful and may be a deliberate attempt to mislead me.
I understand that I am responsible for my actions, both in and out of school:
• I understand that the company also has the right to take action against me if I am involved in incidents of inappropriate behaviour, that are covered in this agreement, when I am out of lessons /assessments and where they involve my association with DA Training and Consultancy and its Learners/Staff. (examples would be cyber-bullying, use of images or personal information).
• I understand that if I fail to comply with this Acceptable Use Policy Agreement, I will be subject to disciplinary action. This may include loss of access to the company network / internet, restriction on use of company property, contact with parents and in the event of illegal activities involvement of the police.